Scaler 2 v2.1 VST VST3 AU AAX (WIN & MAC)
Scaler 2 is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Scaler 2 makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
- Discover your music’s key and explore alternative scales and chord sets
- Choose from hundreds of keys, quickly build progressions in the sequencer
- Over 200 artist chord sets from the likes of Carl Cox, MJ Cole, The Temper Trap, Mitekiss, CeCe Rogers and Mike Huckaby
- Over 200 genre and mood-based chord sets such as Chill, Drum & Bass, Jazz, Cinematic, EDM, Progressive…
- Browse chord variations to get suspended chords, extended chords, dominant sevenths and jazz chords
- Use the arpeggio or strum features to perform in real-time and synced to your DAW
- Discover chord substitutions that lend variety to your progressions
- Experiment with different chord voicings to spread notes across the keyboard
- Export MIDI to your DAW simply by dragging and dropping
- Assign any VST / AU instrument to Scaler 2 to control your favourite synths
- Play and record one-finger chords and melodies using Scaler 2’s Bind MIDI function
New in Scaler 2
- Redesigned from the ground up with over 200 new chord sets, hundreds of new scales, and 30 new instruments
- Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians
- Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
- Keys Lock helps you create emotive melodies by locking keys to your chords
- MIDI Capture lets you perform inside Scaler 2 and then export the results as MIDI
- Modulation suggestions give you new ways to reach musical destinations
- Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise function
- Edit Mode for adjusting length, inversion, octave and more per chord in a pattern
- Pad View helps you to arrange multiple patterns and key switch between them
- Audition new progressions in context with DAW Sync playback
- Voice Grouping can keep your chords within a certain range for voice leading
- Chord editing and moving tools include lasso, drag n drop, replace and insert
How it Works
Scaler 2 can listen to incoming MIDI or audio data and detect the key your music is in. After this, it will suggest chords and chord progressions that will fit with your song. Scaler 2 can send MIDI to a virtual instrument in your DAW, and it has 30 onboard instruments to play with as well.
Scaler 2 comes with over 200 song and genre-based chord sets and over 200 artist chord sets to inspire new progressions and melodies; plus, choose from hundreds of scales and modes to get your creative juices flowing. Simply drag the chords you want into the sequencer to build a pattern that’s unique to you.
Explore alternative chords that’ll fit with your progression, with loads of voicings, chord extensions and variations on particular chords to help you choose the perfect feeling with every step of your song.
New Audio Detection Technology means you can detect and analyse chords and scales from existing audio sources. With MIDI Capture, you can record Scaler 2’s output – whether you’re clicking keys or chords, or playing progressions – in order to drag the resulting MIDI to outside the plugin.
Lock keys to your chords to create complex melodies by intuitively moving around on your MIDI controller. Humanize Scaler 2’s performance by introducing variations to velocity and/or timing. Voice Grouping lets you automatically invert notes to restrict playback within certain octaves or by using open voicing.
Edit Mode lets you dial in Duration, Octave, Inversion and more parameters per chord, and there are new ways to edit chords when right-clicking. DAW Sync links your chord patterns to your DAW’s playback, making it easy to audition new progressions or alter existing chord patterns alongside your DAW project. Pad View makes it easy to construct entire arrangements, moving chords and whole progressions on a higher level.
Scaler 2 makes Modulation Suggestions for movement between your current key and a destination. The majority of suggestions have been sourced from professional musicians, and some are generated algorithmically.
With Performances, Phrases and Rhythms created by real pianists and musicians, Scaler 2 isn’t just about creating chords and arpeggios – it can lay down melodies as well. Over 200 Expressions let you experiment with riffs and melodies, which can be locked to notes of your scale or a chord.
- New Chord Editor
- Control individual notes and velocities in each chord
- Use the circle of fifths to easily create chord progressions
- Search for any chord in Scaler
- More than 100 new expressions in triplet feel and across several time signatures
- Add bass/inversion display in chord name
- Improved accuracy of detection
- Reduce the number of duplicate chords in results
- Filter-out unlikely chord types to reduce noise
- Add ability to detect from a file in the source dropdown
- New Modulation Preset – Neo-Riemannian
- Create harmonic transformations from any chord
- Support custom sounds folder location
- Support custom chordsets folder location
- Multi-Select Pattern and Pattern Chaining improvements
- Add ability to apply extracted voicing to a multi-selection of chords
- Ability to export chord names to MIDI markers when dragging to DAW
- New Arpeggio Octave Range option
- Add ability to select the output MIDI channel
- Keys-Lock – Chord Mute function now works properly when used with DAW-Sync
- Ability to select and remove multiple notes with lasso in Detect panel
- Add ability to synchronise the selected scale across instances
- Fix “Right-Click -> Select All” in Pad View
- Fix erratic behaviour when deleting from a multi-selection in Pad View
- Fix bind to suggested pathways refresh issue in Modulation
- Fix UI not redrawing correctly after Clear State
- Fix lowercase display for minor chords in Modulation panels
- Fix empty large clip when dragging from MIDI Capture
- Other fixes and overall stability improvements